Tuesday, October 30, 2012

dinner under the planes

Pete and I were invited out to have dinner under the planes at a nearby museum, honoring our men in black(priests) from the local area. It was an evening of energy and fulfillment. The guest speaker spoke of the priests and the brotherhood they share. He mentioned at a priest's funeral all priests in attendance stand outside the church as the casket is moved to the graveside and sing the "Salve Regina". This is there call to Mary to welcome their brother home and a way of showing respect. The speaker then had all 50 to 60 priests stand and serenade the crowd acapella. It was goose bump creating good! The night was ended with a woman taking the microphone and we all sand the National Anthem to the biggest American flag I have ever seen! Yet again another chance for goose bumps and tears. What a powerful night and I am very happy to have been at my husband's side!

No comments:

Post a Comment