Thursday, October 4, 2012

an escape

 Pete and I were able to escape for a long weekend back to his college for a reunion without kids. The kids spent Friday with my mom  and then spent the weekend with my fantastic brother and sister in law. Uncle Mark and Auntie Carol live on an acerage and the kids had free run all weekend. On Friday the found a hole, encouraged the dog to dig in the hole and found 5 baby bunnies! The dog killed two of them and the kids were able to save the third and rescued the remaining two. These bunnies spent the weekend at the "Ritz",  the bunnies had a kiddie pool they hung out in . They gave them water, sand, grass, toys, and TONS of love! Needless to say when I said no to the bunnies coming home with us tears fell for quite awhile.  They made my brother promise to take the bunnies to safety, far from the dog.  Each night this week they have asked about the bunnies and question always if we can call and check on them!
 Makayla was definitely the lead caretaker. I do agree they are quite cute but we had to keep reminding her they are wild bunnies.

 Maggie adopted the injured bunny as hers. Obviously her love is strong as the bunny has a somewhat large injury under his front arm, but still lived the 48 hours under the kids care and seemed happy.
PJ was a little more cautious around them, but really I think he just had better things to do. This boy would love to live on a farm and run all day. His breathing troubles stayed at bay the whole weekend! I was so happy to hear he did not have any nebulizer treatments all weekend.


Of note Brie was also part of this great weekend and had a good time as well. The kids had a lovely time being without us and spending time with family. A HUGE HUGE thank you to my mom, brother Mark and sister in law Carol for taking care of the kids as we had a weekend away. Pete and I like I said had 3 days without kids. It was so awesome to have full conversations, hot food, and time. Thank you again the weekend was such a joy for each of the six of us on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment