Monday, January 23, 2012

Time with grandma = fun for the girls

So my father is not doing very well over the last couple weeks. He fights with bouts of confusion and exhaustion. I went back to their house this past weekend alone to spend time with them without distraction. My wonderful hubby was single parent from Friday noon until Sunday at 5 pm. PJ had a temp of 104.5 on Friday night but the rest of the weekend went well for them, I think. :~) Anyway it was wonderful too spending precious time with both mom and dad. Though dad is confused he does have times of clarity and we were able to have some good conversations. He too has not lost all of his spark because on more than one occasion he would hit me with a one liner that just left anyone who heard it in stitches! I am not sure if my dad and I will have another face to face conversation, or be able to exchange another hug; but what I do have is the memory of the time from this weekend. It was one of those priceless times and one that I am grateful to have been given. My prayers are now for a quick and peaceful ending for him, one without fear and struggle. My mom is doing as well as expected, his passing though difficult will be a blessing for her as well. She is such an amazing, strong woman who is doing a fantastic job with my dad. Her patience is unmatched and her selfless acts are to numerous to list. If I can be half the mother she has been and is I will consider that great. You know the love you have for your baby, so much love you just want to hug them all the time and shower them with kisses, well folks that is the love I have for my mom!

Okay enough mushy stuff! As I said I went to the folks and took along a project because again my wonderful mother; if you have a vision she has the know how to make it happen! I realize I am a year or two behind the times as far as these large flowers go but we did it. I bought the project pieces and together we were able to create 6 hair pretties for the big girls. My sisters stopped and saw the project and thought they were much too large so I included a photo of each of the girls this morning with their new flowers. I do not think they are too big and the girls totally LOVE them!! A big Thanks! to mom/grandma for making two little girls very happy this morning! ( I feel bad because they are not stellar photos of the girls but it was 6:45 am! poor kids, this momma is always taking a picture, no matter the time of day!)









No comments:

Post a Comment