Tuesday, January 3, 2012

stockings

So a wonderful sister in law of mine handmade these gorgeous stockings for us 3 years ago. Pete and I have been wanting to make some kind of applique on the front of the stockings. We thought of many ideas candy cane, Christmas tree, bell, angel and just never came up with an idea we both liked. Pete woke one morning and said I am getting these done! A bit together we came up with the nativity scene. First the angel for Kayla, next is Mary, Joseph, and baby for Maggie, and then PJ got the shepherd with a sheep and drum. Brie rounds out the scene with the three kings. Each stocking has a star to tie them all together! Pete cut out the felt and glued some of it, then my mom came into town and took them home and hand stitched around the edges. I am so excited and happy with how they turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment