Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Brie's stuck"

Okay let me set the scene, Thursday, my day off I was busy getting things done and as I am on the phone at 10:15 am PJ comes up from downstairs and says "Brie is stuck in the baby highchair". Since I was on the phone I said it's fine I will come check in a minute. It was 5 minutes or so and no Brie, so I head downstairs and there is Brie happy as can be sitting in the highchair next to the kid table playing. She looks at me and says sweetly, " I stuck!" Still on the phone I grabbed her under the arms thinking she would just lift out, uh nope! Long story made longer I took off her clothes, that did not help. I carried the works upstairs and set her next to the couch and told her to crawl out, "I stuck" was the reply. Okay I will get you, I laid the thing down on the floor and set a pack of fruit snacks just out of reach and told her to go get them, man she tried but once again no luck! As Pete left that morning he said "I have meetings all day(in other words do not call unless you have too). The neighbors dad just had a heart attack and the other one has like a one week old baby. If only I have one more set of hands that were bigger than PJ I thought. Let me tell you Little Tikes builds some incredibly strong toys! This thing would not budge! I admit the thought went through my head do I call the fire department? people call them for stuck cats right? Anyway per PJ's suggestion of "try some tools". We got out the pliers, screwdriver and a few other useless things! Finally after 20 to 25 minutes and a bit of panic internally on my part I mustered up some he-man strength and just pried off the back bolts and got them to break, thus the back of the highchair at least moved a bit. After some strong persuasion and a few intimidating minutes Brie was free. PJ did a happy dance and was thrilled she was out. Brie ended up with a pretty good bruise on her back from the attempts to get her out as well as about 6 in various locations on her legs. As you can tell the chair is not a complete loss but the screws are broke and we will not be ordering new ones! Needless to say Brie has not crawled back in that highchair again, nor will she I think! I feel it is blog worthy as some day I may look back and read this post and be amused:~) Leave it to the last kid to do something like this! Gotta love my Gabriellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment