Monday, October 31, 2011

Melody

So this story of Melody dates back to October 12th. My friend was in from out of town and this kitty usually does not like strangers! However Miss Laurie did not get the normal hissing, hair raising response from Melody, she received lots of rubs and sniffs. I explained this is not normal. Later Kayla came to me and stated that something happened and the cat could not sit down. I grabbed the cat and put her in the laundry room(her normal time out area) until later when I would have a chance to look at her better. After the kids were in bed I let her out and watch her, Makayla was right she would not sit. I pushed around on her bones and got no reaction, so back to the laundry room for the night and I will check on her tomorrow. The next day her behavior became even more bizarre, meowing funny, brushing against anyone and following us everywhere! A light bulb turned on in my head and I remembered the first "Heat Cycle" was to be between 5 and 6 months old. This kitty was 5 1/2 months old, so Laurie and I looked it up on google and read: heat cycles can last 7 to 10 days and will repeat every 2 to 3 weeks. WHAT??? oh I could not have this going on and so I called the vet straight away and they had an opening for a spaying surgery the next day!! yea for me, back to the laundry room for the feline for a few more hours. Dropping her off at the vet was a trip as well, she HATES them ( and that is a word I rarely use). By Sat. when I picked her up I think feelings were mutual between staff and my cat. She obviously got stitches from surgery and they would have to be removed. I asked, may I take them out and without any hesitation two staff looked right at me and in unison said "YES", and "Good Luck!" So my niece brings along her fearless 6 foot 5 inch husband who says "no problem!" ha I thought as I and Jill tried the night before and had NO LUCK! Let me tell you he grabbed that kitty and a few snips, growls, and bit attempts later they were out! THANK GOD! I owe Eric a HUGE THANK YOU for braving my kitty and helping me do what I thought was the impossible. Here is a picture of Melody not long after the removal just chilling out with her shaved belly exposed and the look of "no worries".





No comments:

Post a Comment