Sunday, October 9, 2011

a fading kiss...

Our Maggie was born with a hemangioma (strawberry birthmark) on her left cheek. We were told it would fade by her forth birthday or so. It did not and so we adopted the story that an angel kissed her cheek while she was in my belly before she was born. She has always handled it very well and will politely tell anyone who makes a comment, "it's my angel cheek and it doesn't hurt, I am just special". We learned these marks often fade around age 6, at this point it is just Maggie and honestly we do not notice it anymore until recently. It is showing signs of fading and I believe it will be gone by May when she will be 6. I wanted to take a moment and capture our angel kiss before it is gone. When I asked Maggie if she will miss her angel kiss? and true Maggie fashion she stated "nope I'll be fine because I have Jesus in my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment