We took Maggie to the dentist in 2012 just before her 5th birthday. The dentist took x-rays and said "oh the tooth fairy is going to be busy this year! looks like you are about to loose a lot of teeth". Maggie's teeth did not seem loose to me but ok we will believe the dentist. We in the fall we noticed maybe a couple teeth had a little wiggle to them. Around Christmas I noticed her permanent bottom two teeth were coming in behind the baby teeth. She also had 4 teeth that now wiggled. I have been trying to get her to pull the bottom ones out since. I was scared this may cause some time of permanent damage or something. Well Tuesday night after having been in bed about 15 minutes Maggie comes bouncing down the stairs and into the living room to announce proudly she had lost her first tooth!! Makayla had pulled it! She was pleased as punch with herself. I looked and sure enough that big tooth can now come into the spot it has long desired. I felt the other bottom tooth and it too seemed pretty loose. I said well tomorrow night you can work on the other one. She giggled and up the steps she went. It wasn't 5 minutes later and she came running down the steps again to announce yes indeed Makayla had pulled the second tooth as well, without any pain!! whohoo! We put the teeth in a dish and explained no more teeth pulling tonight!! The tooth fairy was able to leave a $2.00 bill and 2 fifty cent pieces! Maggie was quite proud to show me when I got home on Wednesday night how she got two kinds of "special money!"
I have to add that after reading another blog I am feeling much better about having 4 teeth where only 2 should be. Apparently it is common for kids to get permanent teeth along side their baby teeth. The new tooth missed the root of the baby as it was pushing up. No worries as the permanent teeth should be just fine! whew! thanks Karen!
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment