Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 9 and a big bike!

 So poor Miss Lauren day 2 of her first full week and PJ is on day 9 of no training wheels and she called me at 10 am. "We have an emergency!" not a call I have ever gotten nor one I want to get again! I mainly got "it seems like a lot of blood, it is bad and face". I had her bring him to my office and a good thing she did. PJ had crashed his bike into a concrete wall on a bridge and tried to permanently change his smile. The cut from the inner corner of his mouth out and down was impressive. Again let me clarify it is not good to be impressive in medicine! Anyway I have a fantastic doctor down the hall from me and he does a fantastic job with plastics and he made PJ's smile go the right way again. We ended up with too many to count stitches in three layers! The little man was a trooper and did a great job, even fell asleep as he put them in. I did feel badly for Lauren because who wants something to happen when you are in charge, but once again we were thrilled with how she handled everything! We all knew she was a great nurse! The above picture is right after we got home and the two of them were reunited!
 The picture to the left was the next day. The one to the right was the day we went in to have them removed.
 The last picture is of PJ today, 2 days after having the stitches out. Again a huge thank you to the doctor that helped PJ out! In a short amount of time I do not think you will be able to hardly tell there is a scare there!

No comments:

Post a Comment