Sunday, April 15, 2012

heartbreaking

I broke our children's hearts today. Many of you know and some do not so I will explain. PJ, Pete and I are allergic to Melody and as she is becoming older she is causing PJ the most problems. PJ has been wheezing and I have not been able to get it under control. We tested his allergies with a blood draw so we knew what the trigger was. He had a few mild reactions but a large reaction to cat! Unfortunately since he did not have large reactions to other stuff we now have to find a new home for our beloved Melody. The girls kept asking if his tests were back and I put them off until today. After church Pete, I and the big girls were in the kitchen and I told them yes indeed we were allergic to her. They both just started crying and stating their hearts hurt! PJ came into the room and was all silly looking at them wondering what was wrong. I explained that we were allergic to Mels and had to find her a new home, immediate tears flowed from his eyes! He commented something to the line of I just take medicine and we can keep her! I wish little buddy, we have been trying meds and they will not help until we get rid of the trigger.
Melody can have a spicy personality so we have to find the right home because if we take her to the humane society they will put her down. She is not an overly loving cat but likes to be in the same room with you. You do not have to worry as she is not a lap cat. Melody comes with a clean bill of health, all four paw declawed, litter, food, toys, special pillow. We would love to be able to still visit her occasionally and we are willing to do a temporary placement until we know if she will be a good fit for your home. Please if you know anyone who may be interested let me know. She will be one on Wednesday April 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment