Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First Communion


Some major prep for Makayla's First Communion. Jill was in charge of hair and veil.    Granny was in charge of making the bow just right.  Pop was there with a hug of Congratulations Makayla!







Some special little girl communion jewelry from mom and dad. Then we were off to the church!

So beautiful in her white dress she picked out. It is hard for me to believe that she is really at this point in life already!
 Some fast pictures before church started.  Granny, Pop and Grandma were all able to be there for the big day.

The group picture of the kiddos at this mass. I was amazed at the number of kids we had making their First Communion. I pray that each of them will continue the work of Jesus and make each of us proud.
 A quick group shot!
Makayla's cousin Matt is the same age and he making his First Communion in a couple of weeks. I hope they will be lifelong buds!
 A try at a group shot of the kids before the pretty clothes came off. Look at that Brie, she is soo naughty! She is not only pushing PJ's head forward she is also kicking him in the back! Do you see those eyes looking right into the camera, poor PJ! This Brie person is Trouble with a capital T!
Makayla's godmother is my sister Coke. What a pretty picture!

THE PARTY!! comfy clothes, brats and presents! Makayla had a fantastic day and was truly blessed to have everyone be a part of her special day!

 
 She really enjoyed each of her gifts. Each present she opened became her new favorite I think!













Makayla's great aunt Rosalie came over and she is always such a hoot! We LOVE her and are very fortunate to have her nearby! 
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO JILL!!! She is my niece but more like a big sister to my kids, especially my big girls! She does such an awesome job of making them feel so special. She does an awesome job with their hair, dolling up style and making them feel like princesses! As she was doing Kayla's hair I informed her I would need her to return at prom time! We smiled and laughed and then realized how close that really is. Time is just moving right along! At any rate I just wanted to say a special THANK YOU to the best niece EVER and I really appreciate all you did to make Sunday a success! You are so neat and awesome! LOVE YA!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, my dear! Wish we could've been there for this joyous occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Makayla! I had no idea this day had come. Sounds like it was truly wonderful and memorable for her. Lots of love to her from Portland.

    ReplyDelete