Monday, April 11, 2011

grandpa time

We have been trying to make trips up to my folks alittle more often lately to give the kids time with their grandparents. To PJ's surprise the lawnmower has returned from the farm to my parents garage. He was SO EXCITED when the door opened and he saw the "TRACTOR HERE!!" Who says a two and half year old does not have memories, he has not seen this since early October but remembers clearly everything about it!

My dad does some work assembling little pieces. The kids were very curious and thought they would be so helpful. He was with them in that garage Sunday for over an hour. I have no doubt those three little people and their conversations exhausted him! can you imagine all the discussions they had!


A glimpse into our lunch conversation went like this: Pete and I were commenting to my folks about the latest cow meat we purchased from my sister. Maggie inquired how we get Jacie's cow meat, Kayla without skipping a beat or missing a bite of food states: "she shoots the cow". I thought Maggie was going to fall off her chair. I quickly jumped into the conversation for a little recovery and to soften the blow. Maggie simply said "oh that is very sad," and onto the next subject we went. I am waiting for the time that she comes to me with more questions, right now the wheels are still turning( I can see them churning).

No comments:

Post a Comment