Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Brie 2 weeks old

Hard to believe it has been 2 weeks. We are all in love. Trying to savor every day, and enjoy each moment. I am curious for her dr. appt. Friday as I wonder how big she is. Her days are spent eating, sleeping, pooping, just what a 2 weeker is supposed to do. Our nights could be a bit better but I am confident better nights are coming soon. We are up every 21/2 to 3 hours, but the awake time is shortening. Last night we were up and down in 30 minutes. I need to move her to her bedroom, but that seems so far away, plus she loves her mommy. The older kids continue to be very sweet to her and often have discussions as to who gets to hold her. PJ usually ends of winning as his holding time is very brief. Kayla is being picked up by a fellow parish member and being dropped at the house, this has worked out beautifully this week for me. It is wonderful to not have to drag everyone out each afternoon. We are grateful for this arrangement. PJ is going a bit stir crazy being house bound for the last 2 weeks, literally Pete had to take him for a car ride just so he could wear his coat and "go outside". I just do not have the energy, courage, or stamina to take the 3 little ones out just yet. Maggie is missing her school friends and is trying to figure out when she gets to go back to school. Overall we are all doing well. Aren't baby dreams the best, as noted in the photo below. Love those precious smiles.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look with the top photo. These two photos of Brie are SO SWEET. I don't know how you're even finding time to write, Karla...you must be so tired! Glad to hear it's a joyful tired, at least :-)

    ReplyDelete