The kids went to the zoo and were walking thru the jungle. Makayla is a bit taller than the last time she was there and when she ducked under a rock passage she hit her head. It made a puncture wound in her scalp and was still oozing a bit of blood 4 hours later when I got home. I ran her to our wonderful pediatrician who said we could put a staple in or you can try a very tiny braid and pull it together that way. We went home washed her hair carefully and put in a tiny tight braid and in the morning it was no longer bleeding. We removed the braid Sunday and checked her about a week later and the wound was completely healed up!! yea for easy fixes!
I did a quick run to the store after getting Makayla settled and Brie tagged along. She insisted she push the cart and I said fine. I was leading and the poor little thing can barely see over the handle and caught the edge of a pallet and the shopping cart jerked and the handle caught her right on the tooth/gum. There was a lady passing us and she saw it happen and gasped. I turned picked Brie up and headed down a less busy isle. She did great! Wanted to cry but held it in, used a tissue for the blood and we quickly made our purchase and exited the building! The tooth was a bit loose but I checked it yesterday and it has tightened back down again. The gum looks great also, phew another potential bad that did not turn out to badly!!
Friday, July 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment