Saturday, August 23, 2014

back to school




 3 at one school, how is that even possible. Where did the last 6 years go?? it really seems like just yesterday Makayla started at this school and here we are sending the boy to kindergarten! crazy. While the kids are sad to give up sleeping in days and the relaxing days of summer they are excited to return to school and reunite with their friends!
 PJ started kindergarten this year, no tears and not really any fears. He sat down like a champ, began coloring and without looking up said "bye mom!" and that was it. I asked if he was ok, he said "yep,  bye!" okay so much for the nervousness that I anticipated! way to go PJ!
We are one week in and he has had a great week and is looking forward to week 2!

 Maggie was already busy coloring when we arrived for her picture. She politely looked up, smiled for her picture and then promptly said "bye mom!" I got the hint, wished her a teacher and good day and that was it. 2nd grade has big plans for you Maggie Jean and I know you can handle everything it has in store for you!!
Okay so Makayla is in 5th grade, apparently not many moms take pictures of their 5th graders, except me! The teacher had already begun class when I appeared at the door, Makayla was in the back of the room. The kind teacher waved me in and said "oh come right in!!". Makayla was about 10 shades of red, poor thing, but guess what I got my picture! she is always such a good sport!! 5th grade is going to throw some challenges your way sweetheart but stay true to who you are and you will do just fine!

At 815am on Monday morning I was headed out of the school, photos taken and no tears in my eyes! Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment